Management Associate Program
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA
Management Associate Program - Job Description
The Tokio Marine Management Associates Program (MAP) is a premier global talent development program which aims to build functional experts in Finance / Internal Audit, Actuarial, Human Capital Services and Information Technologies. The program is located in Bala Cynwyd, just outside of Philadelphia, based at the main office of Tokio Marine’s Shared Services Organization, TMNAS.
The ideal candidates will begin a concentrated two year development program spanning over five structured rotations in the areas of their interest. They will have the opportunity of becoming a subject matter expert in one of four key areas: Finance / Internal Audit, Actuarial, Human Capital Services and Information Technologies. Participants in the program are expected to work intensively alongside senior professionals/leaders to develop their skills and to create a customized development plan towards relevant professional accreditations. During the program, participants will also have the opportunity to learn, develop and gain experience in Tokio Marine’s overseas operations. Upon successful completion of the MAP Program, participants may be offered global placement based on their individual development plan for professional growth beyond the Management Associate Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entry level technical skills in chosen subject matter: Finance / Internal Audit, Actuarial, Human Capital Services and Information Technologies
- High level professional skills: Data analysis, time and project management, oral and written communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, consultative customer service skills
- Comfort with ambiguity: Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Learning agility: Ability to grasp new concepts, acquires new ways of seeing things, and revises ways of thinking and behaving, with the understanding that this is an ongoing business necessity.
- Business Acumen: Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Judgement: Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions; meets all compliance standards and displays ethical behavior is all aspects of work.
- Emotional and cultural intelligence: Ability to recognize, understand and manage our own emotions as well as the emotions of others, responding appropriately to ensure best outcomes for the good of the whole.
- Earned or working to earn a Bachelor’s degree by Fall 2019
- High business acumen, initiative, and motivation to succeed
- Major directly related to area of interest (Finance, Actuarial, Human Resources, and Information Technology)
- Cultural Adaptability
- Potential to fit our global competencies
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Willingness to relocate to the Greater Philadelphia area for two years and move globally thereafter
- Highly competitive GPA
- Prior intern, co-op, or research in specific area of interest (highly preferred)
- Exam preparation and/or passage for those interested in Actuarial or ERM functions
Qualified candidates will receive an e-mail invitation to apply and will be directed to the official Management Associate Program application page.
Click here to join our talent network and upload your resumé.